Party Tips About Me Contact Inspiration Boards Home Website Recipes

Out of Town Wedding Gift Bags

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

For so many brides the last thing they sometimes think of are providing their out of town guests with a welcome bag. I always recommend having the welcome bag waiting for your guests upon check in. Like many, the typical and most common style most brides end up doing is buying a paper gift bag and filling it with snacks and a wedding itinerary. I am hoping you will find inspiration and be a little more creative when creating your out of town wedding gift bags.

Gift Box




Line the inner box with the wrapping paper pattern of your choice
 
Don't forget to include a map of the area, wedding weekend itinerary and list of restaurants/things to do

My new obsession- Velvet ribbon {especially in pink!!}


Materials/Supplies

1. Box {Michaels Crafts}
2. Gift Wrap, pattern of your choice
3. Ribbon {I love the pink velvet ribbon I recently found at Michaels}
4. Glassine bags {Paper Mart}
5. Labels {You can create yourself or get them custom made My Own Labels}
6. French Macarons or homemade cookies {My favorite recipe here}
7. M&M's {mymms}
8. Map of the area
9. Wedding weekend itinerary with directions

Canvas Bag with your map


One of my favorite wedding bags for out of towners and your bridal party. These are designed by one of my favorite calligraphers Laura Hooper. If you are interested in more vendors that do custom wedding maps please contact me justine@prettydomestic.com.

Ideas for Gift Bags
  1. Thank You card
  2. Custom Water bottles
  3. Snacks
  4. Flip Flops {shower shoes for hotel bathroom, I NEVER leave home without them}
  5. List of restaurants and Things To Do in the area
  6. Wedding Weekend Itinerary
  7. Mini Emergency Kit.  {Advil, Band-Aids, Pepto, Emergen-C}
  8. Tissue Pack
  9. Kids activities {crayons, coloring book}
Please contact me justine@prettydomestic.com for more ideas and vendor resources.

6 comments:

charlie said...

i am in love with this!!!!!!

Madeline said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE your new layout. Also, I think this is my dream wedding invitation. WOW!

Bebe said...

Once again, you continue to inspire your audience. I am so impressed with your creativity and your passion for what you do.

May I suggest that you include actual brochures from local attractions with your list of things to do? They are colorful and descriptive and more likely to entice your guests to explore. Perhaps even brochures or menus from great local dining favorites!

Keep those posts coming. I can't wait to see what you will come up with next!

Shannon Hughes said...

Those boxes are amazing! Those would be great for baby shower favors, bridal shower, bday parties, pretty much anything! Thanks for sharing, time to head to Michaels!

Chrissi Holt said...

I love these little gifts especially the wooden boxes they are adorable ... i might consider this for the immediate family at my own wedding next year :)

Gift Bags and Boxes said...

Nice wedding gift bags. I like this preparation.

Post a Comment